The indoor pool at White Horse Village is 4ft to 5ft side sloping depth with two lap lanes for swimming and ample space for water walking or aquatics classes. There is a variety of water exercise equipment and it is handicapped accessible. There is an 8 person spa. A patio adjacent to the pool is the perfect spot to spend a summer afternoon sun bathing. The hours of operation are daily from 6:00am-8:00pm.
Aquatic classes offered:
- Healthy Joints — This class is designed for those suffering from aches and pains due to arthritis as well as any individual looking for a low intensity, low impact class. In this class, the focus is on joint range of motion and strengthening without the use of equipment.
- Yoga — Concentrating on balance and strengthening. No yoga experience necessary.
- Making Waves — A water aerobics class aimed at increasing your cardiovascular health. Exercises are performed in a rhythmic nature along with music to help you keep the beat!
- Water Works — Water works will focus on strengthening all of the major muscle groups with the use of a variety of aquatic equipment.
The Wellness Center at White Horse Village has a state-of-the-art Cardio/Strength training room featuring: pneumatic strength training equipment to address all major muscle groups, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, Wii Fit, and other balance and flexibility training tools.
The Cardio/Strength room is staffed Monday through Friday from 7:00am-4:00pm by trained fitness specialists who customize programs for each resident.
There is a Dance Studio/Multipurpose Room where a variety of Land Classes are offered:
- Balance & Tone
- Indoor Cycling
- Tai Chi
- Strength Training
- Total Tone
- Various Aerobics
Mind, Body, and Spirit
Nearly 100 Acres of Natural Beauty
With nearly 100 acres of gardens, meadows and woodlands, there are plenty of walking paths, roads for biking and nature is abundant! Residents with dogs take their furry friends to Jack’s Doggie Park, a fully fenced in playground for dogs to romp and play. The Harvesters Garden is protected by a large fence and residents as well as the White Horse Village chefs enjoy raising summer produce and flowers. In 2016, Pennsylvania Horticultural Society presented the Harvester’s Garden with the Blue Ribbon Award for community gardens!
Other outdoor recreation includes:
- Nine Hole Putting Green
- Horse Shoes
- Playground for visiting children
- Hiking and biking in Ridley Creek State Park (adjacent to our campus)