Apr 7 2020
A community update regarding COVID-19
While we have no confirmed or suspected cases on campus, a surge in the number of COVID-19 cases in Pennsylvania is expected over the next two weeks. Our community’s adherence to safety protocols and social (physical) distancing is critical at this time.
We understand it will be difficult to be apart from family during the upcoming holidays. For the safety of our community, please refrain from any in-person social gatherings. One resident’s exposure to persons outside our community can expose us all. We all must work together to limit our community’s exposure.
Important Community Updates:
- A Survey from the Pennsylvania Council on Aging
- The Council on Aging is conducting a statewide survey to assess what the immediate needs are of older adults due to COVID-19.
- Visit https://form.jotform.com/200854578445059 to take the survey; today is the final day to participate.
- Campus Access
- Visitors are not permitted on campus.
- For the safety of our community, residents should not leave campus except for life-sustaining needs.
- All deliveries should be left outside on your doorstep.
- For deliveries to Ascot & Belmont, please have deliveries left near entryways.
- Essential Visitors
- Essential visitors receive health screenings and name tags with colored dots. A slide on WHV-TV will indicate the daily dot color.
- Masks & Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Many thanks to the WHV Quilters for sewing masks for team members. Beginning this week, all team members will be wearing masks.
- Food handlers and preparers are required to wear single-use disposable gloves.
- WHV will fog/disinfect all packages at least 2x per day including weekends.
- A COVID-19 section whitehorsevillage.org/covid-19-information/ is now available to share the latest updates and FAQs. Please share this information with friends and family members.
- Virtual Tours are now available at whitehorsevillage.org/virtual-tour/. The Sales Team will utilize this new feature for sales engagement.