Mar 17 2020
A letter to White Horse Village families on safety precautions for COVID-19
At White Horse Village, the health, safety, and well-being of your family members and loved ones are our top priorities. While there are NO suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 among residents or team members, we want to reassure you that we are taking every precaution and making extensive preparations for this serious public health situation.
Current temporary community restrictions and cancellations:
- All areas of the Clubhouse and Healthcare Center are closed to outside visitors (non-residents) and volunteers.
- Outside visitors to independent living residences and campus areas are highly discouraged.
- Team members and all healthcare professionals are screened for signs and symptoms of the virus and any possible risk of exposure.
- All organized community programming has been canceled.
- Outside transportation will continue for medical appointments and grocery store visits.
- Sales tours for prospective residents are postponed.
- Residential housekeeping services are canceled to reassign housekeeping team members to healthcare and other critical areas.
- The Stall, Gift Coral, Library, Hair salon, and Bryn Mawr Trust are closed.
- The Fitness Center and Aquatic Center are closed.
- Steeplechase Dining Room and The White Horse Tavern are closed. The Paddock Grille is open to residents for coffee and breakfast, take-out only.
- Meals are prepared daily for pick up or delivery (independent living residents) or in-room tray service for (healthcare residents).
COVID-19 information monitoring and communication updates:
Our senior leadership is closely monitoring all evidence-based information updates, guidelines, and recommendations as they are provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Pennsylvania state and local health departments.
We will provide regular community updates to residents and family as follows:
Resident communication update schedule:
- Weekday Updates:
- Email Communications: Tuesday / Thursday (and as needed)
- WHV-TV: Monday / Wednesday / Friday at 11:00 AM
- Urgent Updates (if needed):
- Blast Communications: via phone (recorded message)
- Email Communications
Family member communication updates:
- Website: The latest updates will be shared at www.whitehorsevillage.org.
- Facebook: Updates will be made at facebook.com/whitehorsevillage.org when a new update has been posted to the website.
Safety reminders to share with your loved ones:
- The virus lives in respiratory droplets. Droplets can easily be passed from person to person through coughing and sneezing and can travel up to 6 feet.
- Social distancing of 6 feet or more is critically important.
- Older adults and those with underlying health conditions are at higher risk for severe complications and death due to this virus.
We know the community restrictions are impacting your family life. Thank you for your cooperation as we work diligently to keep your family members and our entire community healthy and safe! If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com.
Thank you and stay safe,
Len Weiser, President and CEO