Mar 21 2020
An update to our residents on the COVID-19 situation
On Thursday, March 19, Pennsylvania Governor Wolf issued a statewide closure of all non-essential businesses. Essential businesses that will stay open include gas stations, grocery stores, pharmacies, hospitals, and healthcare providers such as White Horse Village.
To limit exposure to the COVID-19 virus, state and federal organizations require we all take more aggressive mitigation actions. Our senior leadership team is closely monitoring this ever-changing situation and is implementing additional safety measures to protect our community. While we have NO confirmed cases of COVID-19, we are feeling the impact of this situation with team members and their families. We are working proactively to ensure we have adequate staffing coverage to continue services.
What makes COVID-19 a pandemic?
- This is a new virus in the human population
- There has been sustained spread by person-to-person contact in communities worldwide.
- World Health Organization views the COVID-19 virus as a worldwide infection.
Important Community Updates:
- Residents on Travel:
- Residents traveling by airplane or to any “hot spots” as determined by the CDC will be quarantined for 14 days and must be symptom-free before leaving their home. Resident Life team members will notify those residents as needed.
- Off-Campus Transportation
- Off-campus transportation service to grocery stores and pharmacies is suspended. Please contact Betsy Miller in Resident Life at 610-558-5010 if you need assistance with groceries or prescriptions.
- Team Members
- Beginning next week, all team members, not only in healthcare, will receive daily health screenings upon arriving to work.
- Clubhouse Closure
- Effective at 5 pm on Friday, March 20, the Clubhouse will be closed except for mail and meal pick up.
- Effective on Monday, March 23, the Clubhouse will be closed for all activities including mail and meal pick up. Information about mail and meal delivery will be forthcoming.
- Dining Services
- Beginning on Monday, March 23, all meals will be delivered to residential homes with deliveries starting at 3 pm. Residents will receive two days of meals on Monday and Wednesday and three days of meals on Friday.
- Effective on Saturday, March 21, coffee and breakfast service will be suspended in the Grille.
- Tables and chairs have been removed from the Grille to discourage group gatherings.
- Mail Delivery
- Mail will be delivered to homes on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons starting next week. The following week’s dining menu form, grocery order form, and community updates will be included.
- Resident Association Support
- The Resident Council will help coordinate a process to collect outgoing US mail and weekly menus in each neighborhood for delivery to the Clubhouse.
- Outpatient Department
- All non-essential appointments will be rescheduled.
- Team members are creating a process for residents to speak with a doctor by phone instead of residents coming to the Outpatient Department. Details will be coming soon.
Thank you for your patience during this unprecedented time. We appreciate your cooperation and flexibility as we pull together as a community. Together, we can!
Len Weiser, President and CEO