Mar 14 2020
Coronavirus update: new safety measures announced
As Pennsylvania and the nation continue to wrestle with the most appropriate way to mitigate the effects of the coronavirus (COVID-19), our team has been meeting daily to review updated information from health experts along with the Pennsylvania Department of Health and Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
The health, safety, and well-being of our residents and team members are our first priority. In order to prevent and minimize the potential spread of the virus, White Horse Village has announced additional safety measures.
As of March 13, 2020, the following restrictions are implemented:
- Organized programming by White Horse Village and the Resident Association will be cancelled. There will be no events planned in the auditorium. We are not prohibiting you from socializing in the clubhouse in groups of 6 or less but it is NOT recommended.
- Transportation to Sunday worship services is canceled.
- Transportation to outside group gatherings is canceled.
- Transportation to scheduled doctor appointments will continue.
- Sales tours for prospective residents will not be conducted.
- Residential housekeeping services are canceled to reassign housekeeping team members to healthcare and other public areas in the clubhouse
On March 17, 2020, the following restrictions will be implemented:
- Steeplechase Dining Room and The White Horse Tavern will be closed for service while the Paddock Grille will have a modified schedule/service.
- Take-out meals will be prepared daily. More information will come out about this process on Monday, March 16.
- The Fitness Center and Aquatic Center will be closed.
As a reminder, temporary visitor restrictions remain in place for all areas of the Healthcare center. Click here for more information.