COVID-19: Latest Updates

Our proactive response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Latest Updates

August 7, 2020

Dear White Horse Village Community,

This past Tuesday, we received all test results from the Residential COVID-19 testing completed the previous week. Of the 371 tests completed, there was only one positive result, and all of the others were negative. The Residential resident who received a positive test result has been quarantined and fortunately is asymptomatic. No other residents are being monitored for COVID-19.

As a result of this good news, we can open up our clubhouse and offer limited residential programming beginning today, Friday, August 7. I attribute the positive test results to the great work our residents and team members have done in complying with safety precautions, wearing face masks, maintaining 6’ distance from others, washing hands, and avoiding touching faces.

Today, we are monitoring one team member in our transportation department who received a positive test result this week. All other team members have returned to work. To date, we have had 44 team members test positive across the organization and 27 residents in all living areas.

As indicated several weeks ago, the PA Department of Health & Human Services has mandated licensed facilities to develop a Reopening Implementation Plan for Nursing & Personal Care Homes (Canterbury, Bridlewood & Four Seasons). This plan includes three steps in addition to meeting prerequisites before moving to Step 1. The plan has to include the following components: testing, cohorting of residents, screening protocols for team members, residents, and any visitors, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and staffing. White Horse Village has a plan that includes the above-listed components.

Therefore, we can move to Step 1 once we have had no new COVID-19 cases for 14 days in any healthcare locations (among residents or team members). Important components within Step 1 include limited visitation to one person at a time in a resident’s room, and limited communal dining and activity programming.

We are permitted to move to Step 2 after 28 days of no new COVID-19 cases. At any time in the process, should a positive case of COVID-19 be identified, White Horse Village will have to move back to the prerequisite part of the plan and wait another 14 days until being able to move again to Step 1. Final details are being developed with our Reopening Implementation Plan, and when they are finalized, the complete plan will be place

Please email any questions to COVID19Questions@whitehorsevillage.org

With warm regards,


Len Weiser, President & CEO 


August 7, 2020

A community update regarding COVID-19


juLY 27, 2020

A community update regarding COVID-19


juLY 17, 2020

A community update regarding COVID-19


juLY 9, 2020

A community update regarding COVID-19


juLY 1, 2020

A community update regarding COVID-19


june 26, 2020

A community update regarding COVID-19


june 26, 2020

A community update regarding COVID-19


june 18, 2020

A community update regarding COVID-19


june 11, 2020

A community update regarding COVID-19


june 3, 2020

A community update regarding COVID-19


May 27, 2020

A community update regarding COVID-19


May 19, 2020

A community update regarding COVID-19


May 11, 2020

A community update regarding COVID-19


May 4, 2020

A community update regarding COVID-19


April 28, 2020

A community update regarding COVID-19


April 21, 2020

A community update regarding COVID-19


April 17, 2020

An important community update regarding COVID-19


April 16, 2020

A community update regarding COVID-19


April 7, 2020

A community update regarding COVID-19


MARCH 31, 2020

A community update regarding COVID-19


MARCH 26, 2020

An update to our residents on the COVID-19 situation


MARCH 21, 2020

An update to our residents on the COVID-19 situation


MARCH 17, 2020

A letter to White Horse Village families on safety precautions for COVID-19


MARCH 14, 2020

Coronavirus update: new safety measures announced


MARCH 12, 2020

Our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)