Volunteers play an important role in our community by enhancing the lives of residents who live here. We value the time and talents of all our volunteers. We hope you will experience the joy of building meaningful relationships with our residents and team members and find fulfillment knowing that you are making a difference in peoples’ lives.
Community groups are welcome to volunteer at White Horse Village. We host scouts, school children, employee groups, pet therapists, and members of service organizations. We also welcome students to share their time and talent to fulfill requirements for community service projects.
Volunteering opportunities include:
- Art projects
- Individuals age 15 years and older (parent or guardian signature is required for individuals under 18 years of age)
- Individuals under the age of 15 years old accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian
Requirements for volunteers:
- Complete the volunteer application and include two references
- Participate in an interview
- Tuberculin skin test (performed by WHV)
- Criminal background check for volunteers age 18 and older (performed by WHV)
- Proof of flu shot age 18 and older
- Attend volunteer orientation